Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I Sucked It Back In Part 2: It's a Big One

James never fails to entertain me and keep me on my toes. Yesterday I was alone with 8 campers. Sounds easy, right? Wrong! Throw in some hitting, whining, name calling, and crying and it makes for a pretty long day. We finally made it to afternoon snack. When everyone was finished eating, I asked each kid individually if they needed to use the bathroom. A few went, but not James, the kid who has to pee every 10 minutes. With bladders emptied, we headed outside to the scorching hot playground. Not five minutes after we got outside, I see James running toward me screaming, "I HAVE TO POOOOOOOOOOP!" I tried to keep a straight face and asked him why he didn't go before. I couldn't leave the rest of the kids outside and I wasn't about to drag them all back in again so I asked if he could just hold it for a few minutes. His reply was, "It's a big one." Keep in mind, through this whole conversation this kid was dead serious. So I said, "well can't you just suck it back in like last time?" "Nope," he said "I can't suck the big ones back in." I think I laughed for about 5 minutes straight on that one. Gotta love him!

Another James story from the other day. All summer this kid has constantly rubbed my arms with his hands when he's talking to me or ttrying to get my attention. The other day I really didn't want to be touched so after 5 straight minutes of him rubbing my arm, I asked him why he's always touching me. His reply was, "I just can't help it. I really like you." So I asked him why he likes me and he said, "Because you have really soft skin." lol so the rest of the week I've been asking him if other people have soft skin and he says no, that mine is the softest. He's so funny.

Wedding, apartment, and 4th of July posts coming soon!

0 comments: