Monday, January 19, 2009

I'll climb the frosty mountain: An update

Well guys, it turns out that the weird song that's been going through my head is an actual song. Here are the lyrics.

I'll sail upon the Dog-star
Henry Purcell

I'll sail upon the Dog Star,
And then pursue the morning,
I'll chase the moon 'till it be noon,
But I'll make her leave her horning.

I'll climb the frosty mountain,
And there I'll coin the weather;
I'll tear the rainbow from the sky,
And tie both ends together.

The starts pluck from their orbs, too,
And crowd them in my budget!
And whether I'm a roaring boy,
Let all the nations judge it.



On another note, I found this on Jared Wiley's myspace page:

"AMERICAN IDOL yea that was me, but that song that you saw me singing was from a previous audition in front of the producers. The producers hounded me to keep singing different songs and I kind of fumbled on choices.On that day they told all of us that they were taping the auditions, but they were solely for the judges to view. If I knew that they would aire what I sang on T.V. I would have never sang that song and in that high octive. I really only sang it to standout during that audition. I sang "You Raise Me Up" in front of Simon, Randy and Paula. It was more relatable and in a much lower octive and I got good comments from all three of them. So I guess those three really dont have much control over who makes it through. Also, Simon never made that Sci-fi comment to me. I signed the release form, saying that they could do anything with the footage they shot. So I pretty much got screwed for good T.V." -Jared



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They totally do that to you too. Once you do the reality thing they own you. But come on now. He had to know that singing like that would surely wind up on TV. That's the kind of madness people love to watch!

Anonymous said...

Tell the stupid wimp to get over it. What the heck did he expect singing like that. That no one would ever make fun of it? He did it. They didn't make him sing like he just got kicked in the balls.