Friday, January 16, 2009

I'll Miss you, Miss Blanche



Dear Miss Blanche,

There are so many things I should have told you, but never did. You were such an amazing woman and an inspiration to anyone who met you. I've never met anyone who had such a positive outlook on life and such an unwavering faith in God. You never had anything bad to say about anyone. Even though you had so little, you always gave so much. I can still remember the time years ago when you bought me chicken patties and told my mom that you "had to take care of your girl." I loved being your girl. I'll never forget our trips to Wal-Mart or my earliest memory of you, hearing you walking around the Episcopal Day School whistling. You were always whistling.

I love the way you took such good care of my mom, Ms. Mary Beth, as you called her. "Well, Ms. Mary Beth, you've gained weight" or "Now Ms. Mary Beth, you look good. Just try to keep it like that" Whenever I would see you out, you'd always ask about her. It made me feel so good that there was someone out there looking out for my mom. I know that now you're her guardian angel. Keep looking out for her, Miss Blanche. She needs you.

You had such an amazing life. Not everyone can say they were best friends with a movie star. Most people would brag about the fact that they were friends with the Clooneys, but you were so humble. To you, they were just regular people. I love that about you. You were so humble, honest, and sincere.

Thank you, Miss Blanche, for allowing me to be a part of your life. I am truly blessed to have met you. I hope that someday I can become at least half the woman you were. I will miss you greatly and will never forget you. I love you, Miss Blanche!

Love,

Your Girl, Sarah



P.S. I wanted to include the message that George Clooney sent with a beautiful flower arrangement "I bet there is one heck of a homecoming parade going on, only this time Rosemary is riding in Blanche's car."

2 comments:

Angelhugs said...

Sarah, I am so sorry for your lost. This letter is beutiful and I know that she read it and is looking down smiling and whisteling at you!!!

Anonymous said...

I too am sorry for your loss. Ms. Blanche sounds like a wonderful lady. I'm sure this letter made her smile. I know that heaven rejoices with the homecoming of the righteous, but it is still so hard to let them go. Just know that Ms. Blanche is still watching over "her girl."

I love you Sarah!!!