Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Group Effort

OK, ladies, we've all agreed to do this getting healthy thing together. I'm really excited about it! I have a few questions and suggestions. My first suggestion is that we don't make this into a competition. I'm pretty sure we weren't going to do that in the first place, but I want both of you to know that I am in no way competing with you. I just want us to be a support system for each other. That leads to my first question. How are we going to do this? Are we doing the "woohoo, go you!" thing or are we going to actually hold each other accountable in some way for working out/dieting, etc...? Do we want to develop/share goals? I can use all the help I can get. I need someone to push me to get up off the couch. I don't really have a support system other than you guys because I'm on my own in Richmond. It sucks to cook for just myself so I end up eating a bunch of junk. Kristian is also trying to lose weight, so she's pretty supportive, but at my parents' house it's kind of hard to eat healthy because all we have in the house is junk food. My hope is that once I start working at the hospital, I won't have the time or the energy to eat. I'll be gone from 6:45 in the morning until around 6:00 at night. I have a feeling that being there will pretty much be a workout in itself, but I've always got the Wii Fit. I know this sounds bad, but I absolutely refuse to go to the gym on campus because it's always full of skinny bitches. I won't have time anyway.

So here's MY plan. I want to know what you girls think of it and if you think it'll work. Since it's such a waste to have to cook for just myself, I usually end up eating something completely unhealthy. Also, since I won't be getting home until around 6:00 every night, I have a feeling I'll be too worn out and lazy to cook. So my goal is to try to cook a few meals every Sunday that I can either freeze or put in the fridge. That way I'll at least have a few good meals for the week. Plus, I'll be saving money since I won't be eating out. On top of my externship, I'm taking two online classes and working on my thesis. I seriously doubt I'll have time to really work out everyday. So my thought is, I'll try to do about 30 minutes of Wii Fit a day, then about 3 days a week, I'll either spend more time on the Wii Fit or do something else like walking at Lake Reba, etc... I figure it's best to tell you guys my plan so that you can hold me accountable. I WANT you to ask me how I'm doing on it. Ask me if I've done the Wii Fit today, it'll make me feel guilty if I haven't, which is good! Keep me motivated!

So what do you girls think? Can I do it? Any suggestions? No worries, I'm not going to be obsessive about it and talk about it all the time. I'm not going to be constantly counting calories or telling you what I've eaten. I just need your support.

Now that I've shared my plan, I want to hear about yours if you have one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be as motivating as I can. My plan is to go the gym like I was before and try to eat better. Nothing major. Just do what I can. I like that plan. I wish you the best of luck in your healthy goals.

Also, I really hope the new healthy us plan doesn't make our Valentine's weekend suck. It will make me super sad. I miss you bunches and bunches. I wish our weekend would get here faster. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. Lots of love

Sarah said...

My plan must be working because I've already lost 3 pounds since I got back to Richmond. It's probably just water weight, but still...it's 3 pounds.

No worries, the weekend won't suck. I have been sitting here all night thinking about where I want to eat when you come! Screw the healthy us plan that weekend!

I miss you bunches too and can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about that weekend too. I am so excited. I've got all these plans in my head. The thing is when I actually see y'all, I won't care about the plans anymore. It just feels like it has been forever since I saw you.

Congrats on losing 3 pounds! That's awesome! You are certainly on the right track!

p.s. Dumping can always cut a pound or so as well. Just remember that.